2010-01-13

The Carstairs - It Really Hurts Me Girl (1979 Tom Moulton Remix)



I was browsing through my HD looking for some northern soul and I came across to a wonderful alternative Tom Moulton mix of the all-time northern soul groover, It Really Hurts Me Girl. This file isn't my own rip and I wasn't able to identify the original audio source for sure.

Discogs has one entry for the remix and it's on a rather new CD compilation but there's no entries on vinyl. The file name says 1979 remix. My friend Google who's deep in the northern soul game said that there is a UK 12" maxi single with two Tom Moulton remixes so I guess this one is either one of those. The ones who know the history of these alternative mixes, please educate me. Anyways, it's a solid version of a classic northern soul dancer.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SADE IS BACK FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS!!!!!LISTEN TO HER SINGLE "SOLIDER OF LOVE" AND PRE ORDER HER ALBUM HERE>>> http://bit.ly/sadeamazon

Anonymous said...

Probably my favourite northern soul track ever...thanks for putting this (previously unheard)remix online so I could stumble across it...wow.