2010-02-27

Otis Gayle - I'll Be Around



I'm in the need of some quality lovers rock/soulful reggae this weekend. I can't say that I'm a connoisseur of the genre in any way but I know some of the classics and from time to time I love to start my saturday/sunday mornings with them. So if you're following interesting blogs concentrated on lovers rock, please point me in the right direction.

Otis Gayle's beautiful cover of the massive Spinners cut I'll Be Around has been a long time favorite of mine and it surely hit the spot again when I listened to it in the morning. Since Johnny Osbourne's We Need Love is equally lovely and uses the same riddim, I put it up there for grabs as well. Both cuts have outstanding, beautiful vocals but the organ solo by Jackie Mittoo towards the end is also fantastic. Hopefully these set the mood for a good, relaxing weekend. Have a good one.


Otis Gayle - I'll Be Around [320 kbps, DivShare]


Johnny Osbourne - We Need Love [320 kbps, DivShare]

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved it! just what i needed to hear

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of the delicious tracks.

@Appsii said...

these are absolute classic tracks

verystupidhead said...

Love the Johnny Osbourne track...thanks a bunch mate !!

Anonymous said...

Stunning track!

katch wreck said...

large up!