2009-01-26

Honey Cone - If I Can't Fly



It's been a while since the last time I went to the local flea markets to dig for records but on Saturday I took an early start and it paid off. I found a great stack of early 70's soul practically for free. Among others I found some Hot Wax 7" releases which was funny because just a couple of days earlier I wrote about Lamont Dozier and mentioned Dozier-Holland-Dozier production trio who established Hot Wax right after they left Motown in 1968.

The favorite of the bunch that I found has to be Honey Cone's sweet tune If I Can't Fly. The single came out in 1973 just before Hot Wax went out of business due to cash flow problems so I think this is a 45 only. You've probably heard the song before on the great compilation The Kings Of Funk put together by RZA and Keb Darge.

Honey Cone - If I Can't Fly [320 kbps, direct link]

1 comment:

Tonton Décibel !!! said...

WOAH MY FRIEND YOU R REALLY

A SUPER FOX TO FIND THIS 7INCH ...