2010-05-09

Silk - I Can't Stop (Turning You On)



I Can't Stop (Turning You On) is a deep 2-step Philly soul masterpiece with amazingly beautiful vocals by Debra Henry. Pretty close to a perfect tune for lazy Sundays in the bedroom. The track appears on Silk's rare-ish album Midnight Dancer. It's their only album released by Philadelphia International in 1979. Well actually there's another album if you count Songs For Evolution recorded as Anglo Saxon Brown which was basically the same group that formed Silk two years later. Check out Call On Me from Songs For Evolution, another sweet 2-step groover.

If you're in the mood for more classic Philly tunes check out one of my all time favorite mixtapes Disco To Get Drunk To #3 - The Sound Of Philadelphia by DJ Anonymous. It kicks off with I Can't Stop (Turning You On).


Silk - I Can't Stop (Turning You On) [320 kbps, DivShare]

2 comments:

verystupidhead said...

Thanks again a cool track and yes DJ Anonymous Mix tapes are real fine ...cheers again !!

Unknown said...

Hello!!! I need lyric about this song, pleeasee! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻