2010-05-16

Tom Brock - I Love You More And More



This week's edition of Sunday Soul features Tom Brock's underrated gem I Love You More And More. It's a classy smooth soul cut with an intro that gives me the chills every time I hear it. The track (and the album) is produced by Barry White and Gene Page and you can clearly hear it in the production. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. The Love Unlimited Orchestra drums, strings etc. are top notch as usual but it's Brock's unique style and his soulful voice that make this track really stand out.

Tom Brock is a great soul singer and a talented song writer as well. Too bad his musical legacy is rather concise. He recorded just one album and wrote some songs (for example (A Case Of) Too Much Love Makin') for Gloria Scott's superb What Am I Gonna Do but that's pretty much it as far as I know. If there's something else worth checking out, please point me in the right direction.


1 comment:

The Milner Coupe said...

Thanks for this post. I was doing a little research on Tom Brock and found you. Great song. Cool site.

Aloha